Friday, August 10, 2012

My Green Journey

By, George, I've got it! I've decided what I will do to make my life greener, cheaper, and simpler, and in a way that will be easy to document on my blog! I will be working my way through this book:


http://www.gorgeouslygreen.com/

Sophie Uliano has so many awesome ideas in this book. It is possibly one of the best purchases I have ever made; and to think, I found it browsing my local Borders during its closeout sale!

Now, I have to explain a few things. I won't be doing every single project in the book. Why? Partly because I don't currently have children, and there is a whole section in there devoted to them (I will not be borrowing someone else's child to try to cut his hair - - I don't think they would be very happy with me, parent or child). Also, I won't be doing the projects in the order they are published. Why? I like to go with the flow and do what I feel like doing :). But I am committing to doing all of the projects I can feasibly accomplish.

Since I've had the book, I've dabbled in it here and there, referencing the book when I thought of something I might like to try to do differently. I've cleaned silver jewelry with her method (it works, and works well!), I deodorize my closet with her method (also works well), and I made her tile and grout cleaning mixture, which doesn't work well on built-up gunk. I will try that one again, though. I got discouraged when it didn't work the first time, so I never used it on a regular basis, which she said is how it's most effective.

The first post will come soon - - I'm officially on vacation! Yay!

-Christi
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment