Thursday, August 9, 2012

This Past Week...

Sunday: Almost sick
Monday: Sick
Tuesday: Sick
Wednesday: Better!
Thursday: No voice (???)


Hopefully tomorrow will be on an up-curve! It had better be, because after work tomorrow, I will officially be on vacation! Woohoo! A full seven days without working (at my job at least); I will, however, be working at home keeping house. I'm trying to convince Fiance that I'll be even better as a stay-at-home-future-wife than he thinks :). I just get so exhausted being the [metaphorical] punching bag for everyone in my workplace. If I actually cared, I wouldn't mind dealing with people's problems. But the fact of the matter is, I don't. I just don't care. So I'm trying to re-situate myself so I'm in a position I do care about. Then I won't turn so many molehills into mountains anymore; at least, that's what I'm planning on.

Since I've been out of commission for the past few days, I haven't had ample opportunity to plan meals and guide Fiance accordingly. So tonight we're off to a new restaurant opening up nearby that's giving away free food! Free dinner is always awesome. We probably would have gone even if I hadn't gotten sick. Who could resist??

I would really like to start doing some crafty things in all of the newly-acquired open space I have at home. I think my first two (technically, three) projects will be from this post about making homemade laundry detergent, shampoo, and conditioner. I'll do my best to post before and after pictures of my hair so you can see for yourself what difference (if any) it makes. From what it says, the pictures really shouldn't look too different from one another; her mixture is supposed to be way better for your hair than regular shampoo and conditioner, just made naturally. I don't know what kind of product she used before, but I use expensive salon brand stuff. We shall see.

The quality of the pictures, on the other hand, I won't guarantee. I'll be using my cell phone (or Fiance will, anyway). What I really need is a new camera so I can take amazing pictures of all of these projects I will be undertaking!! My last one went kaput after five long, loyal years of service. Actually, the battery did, not the camera. But it was a point-and-shoot, and I'd really like to upgrade to a fancy-schmancy DSLR. <--- If anyone feels like contributing to the cause of a budding blogger, that gift would be much appreciated :D.

That's all for now. Pray my voice comes back, and soon!

-Christi
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment